Re: ICOM 271/471 Computer Interfacing Help

Hi Bob,
this is not a simple question, but I will try to keep it short. Just went
through the same thing myself a year or so ago.
Each radio will need to have the RS-232 board installed, Icom Part Number is
UX-14 amd they are about 100 bucks from what I remember.
Also, you will need the Icom CT-17, or it's equivalent. Icom version is about
125 bucks. The Icom version is nice because it has 4 outputs so it can control
4 radios. Not sure if the aftermarket controllers listed recently on the -BB
have 1 port or more.
Lastly, you will need the appropriate software drivers for WiSP. I am using the
AEA ST-1 rotor controller (it also supports tuning, but I'm not using that
section) which has the software drivers to work with WiSP. I would not
reccommend this unit, as there is no longer support for it.
Another option is the Kansas City Tracker/Tuner. I am not sure if the KCT/T
will let you tune with an external controller. You will need to ask someone
else on this.

Hope this answere some of your questions.

73, Bob WE1U

we1u@arrl.org
http://www.vt.arrl.org