Re: AO-10 Keps; thanks, Stacey.

From:           	"pmarkham" <pmarkham@newsguy.com>
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Date sent:      	Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:11:37 -0500
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Re: AO-10 Keps
Send reply to:  	pmarkham@newsguy.com

I took Stacey's "massaged" data below and translated it to the typical TLE set
that WISP and STSPLUS use. The signals disappeared from my receiver during the
last pass at ~ 70 seconds/0.4 degrees before both programs predicted the
satellite would be at 0 degrees.

With the original TLE set, AO-10 disappeared from view some 10 minutes early,
according to both programs.

Another great product from the mind of Mills.

Thank you, Stacey.

                         Pete/wa4hei

> Date sent:      	Sun, 15 Nov 1998 08:34:14 -0500
> To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org (Amsat Bulletin Board)
> From:           	w4sm@cstone.net (Stacey Mills)
> Subject:        	[amsat-bb] AO-10 Keps
>
> Stacey Mills, W4SM, worked his magic on the old AO-10 keps to make them a
> little more relevant. I use the TLE style orbital data available at Kelso's and
> Ransom's WEB pages with WISP and STSPLUS. What is the appropriate method of
> converting Stacey's data to that useable by both programs mentioned? Is it just
> cut and paste?
>
>                                     TIA, Pete/wa4hei
>

> > Satellite: AO-10
> > Catalog number: 14129