Re: Leonids APRS packet results

At 23:21 11/18/98 -0500, Jim Shorney wrote:

>Next time, some of you guys on the coasts try beaming the central US
>for a bit, eh?  I know my station was working, I made 10 random SSB
>scatter contacts on the very same rig that was beaconing while I was
>asleep or at work....
>
>- --
>Jim Shorney                   -->.<--Put complaints in this box
>jshorn@binary.net
>nu0c@amsat.org
>NU0C
>Lincoln, NE, USA
>EN10KA

Just for the record, I alternated my beam heading from due north (copied
W3ADO), to NW, 315 degrees (copied N8DEU), and due west (copied nothing).
By my calculations, Lincoln is at a heading of 316 degrees from my qth.  If
you had been beaming toward Florida when a meteor entered, there is a good
chance I would have heard you.  What direction where you beaming?

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@amsat.org
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM
Satellite: K4RS @ KO-23 or KO-25