Re: Comm Port Help

Jim Wotus wrote:

> If  I switch to another window or just
> click on the desk top then switch back to the tnc window I can nolonger
> talk to the tnc I have to exit the software or reset the port in some
> way to get control back
> Using windows 95
> Com 1 is the mouse
> Com 2 is used by an internal phone modem ( USR winmodem)
> Com 3 and Com 4 are the new ports.

Good morning.   Are you using a dos-based program?  My original setup
experienced problems much like that, except I re-gained control when it
became the primary window again.  I discovered a command in the properties
that allowed the packet program to remain semi-active while in the
backround.  I eventually bought a win-95 based program and the problems went
away.  BTW, if you set the internal modem to comm3 or 4, it would have freed
up comm2 for the tnc.  Good luck...

Vy73, Mike. KD9KC  Army MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net - - - kd9kc@amsat.org
Home Page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/