Re: Leonids

Hi Francisco,

On 19 Nov 98, at 0:49, Francisco Costa wrote:

> Oh well, hopefully in 30 years I'll have another good chance!
> I'll stay up the full week! It's a promise! :)

Maybe you don't have to wait that long.  I read some interesting
web pages and found that some astronomers predicted the
big shower for 1999, while indeed most of them predicted for 1998.
If they can be 16h wrong, maybe they are 1 year wrong too..hi
The next 1999 Leonids would be perfectly for Europe.. :)

I found a very good WWW page at the following address. It also
contains nice pictures from 1833 and 1966..
http://aipsoe.aip.de/~rend/leo-exp.html
http://aipsoe.aip.de/~rend/met-allg.html

73s de Peter