Some hams seems to think that they need to have an EME like station and
kilowatts of power for working Meteor Scatter on 2m-SSB..

Here is an interesting report...   73s de Peter

VHF @WW          de:DL5MAE 18.11.98 19:30   5   1728 Bytes
Leonids 98 (DL5MAE/Mobile)!
*** Bulletin-ID: IB8DB0AAB06P ***

Sent: 981118/1919z @:DB0AAB.#BAY.DEU.EU [FH-Muenchen JN58SD]
bcm1.40i
From: DL5MAE @ DB0AAB.#BAY.DEU.EU To:   VHF @ WW X-Info: No login
password

Hello All,
I dont like to bore you with long QSO-list (my QSO list is short
as I was only QRV for abt 1 hour).
During this Leonids I was NOT using my big EME array. Instead of this I
did use a 30W station and a 17el F9FT . I was QRV in the morning of the
17th from 05.30 utc to abt 06.40utc . Then I had to leave for work. I did
work 14 stations during this time with this QRP-gear.

In my car I have an old YAESU FT290R with SSB.
Of course, when I was on the way to my work I was stand-by on 144.200MHz.
I did hear lots of reflections from many EU-stations. Especially F/G8MBI
produced nice bursts. While he was calling CQ I answered his call and we
made a SSB random QSO both sides 59!

My rig is FT290R with small PA (20W) , antenna is sticking on the
windscreen (no preamp).
Of course, the antenna is a simple vertical.

Anyone worked /m before via MS? I mean "real /m" (not using a yagi
and operating from a parking car).

Because of the road conditions (ice and snow and heavy traffic) I was not
able to tune much around...