Re: Fwd: [Radio-Astronomy] Question about radio detection ofLeonids

Rremmel@aol.com writes:

snip

> It takes a very large meteor to produce a recordable event but the
> effect is very common and well recorded during space shuttle
> reentries.

snip

> of radio energy formation by the meteor plasma trail and info on building a

Some time ago (couple of decades I guess) I heard that its not just
re-entries that cause this. Seems that the plasma plume from a *launch*
also produces some similar effect (but the physics is beyond me).

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188