Re: Homebuilt antenna

> Has anyone ever homebuilt an antenna similar to the arrow antenna designed
>  for working AO-27? If so, what materials did you use, how does it preform
>  and was it a homebrew design or did you have some type of plan?
>
>  73 Jeff KF4KGQ

I built the 435 antenna downlink portion myself.  I've always used a
5/8 magmount for the uplink.  My antenna is a wooden
boom quagi design with cord locks holding the director
elements and a "fake" wooden spool assembly for the
spacers on the director and driven loops.  Together they
allow for quick assembly/disassembly of the whole antenna.
Pictures and details are on my web page at

http://members.aol.com/dquagliana/beginner.html

The article is "Quick, Inexpensive and Effective: A Simple Satellite
Mobile QRP Station for the Beginner" and was originally presented
at the AMSAT-NA 14th Space Symposium in Arizona in 1996.

Performace was very good.  The actual dimensions came from
a December 1987 QST article, but the cord locks and wooden
spool design are mine.

Douglas KA2UPW
dquagliana@aol.com