Re: AO-10 Keps

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 11:27:36 -0800, Paul Williamson wrote:

>Uh, no, I don't think so.  "0.0 e0" is an abbreviation for
>0.0 X 10^0 (zero point zero times ten to the power zero),
>which is equal to zero.  You might have to put the "e0"
>back in for some programs, depending on how smart
>they are about parsing this number.

Algebra 101, here... Anything to the power 0, is equal to 1. Any proper
calculator, or math professor, or anyone else that's got a math brain
will inform you of that fact.

However, my calculator tells me you can't raise 0 by the power of 0,
and throws an error. all other numbers raised to 0, gives 1.

(realizing later that 0^0 will result in a division by 0 in the
process, it's undefined)

y^0 = y^(x-x) = y^x/y^x = 1  for any y - except 0

--- May Peace and love be yours,
Poohbear/Brendan Keyport
poohbear@poohbear.net (Admin)