Re: AO-10 Keps

At 08:34 AM 11/15/98 -0500, Stacey Mills wrote:

>Satellite: AO-10
>Catalog number: 14129
>Epoch time:     98 318.86783

There's the problem, in the Epoch time.  That space between
the year and the day number shouldn't be there in the AMSAT
format.  Programs want to parse this as one big number, and
then divide by 1000 to get the year number.  So this parses
as "98" which looks like day number 98 of year 00.  That
might be interpreted as 1900 or 2000, but it's wrong either way.

I bet if you delete the space you'll find that most programs
accept these elements.

>The initial set I posted
>had a typo which set the value of decay to "0.0 e0", which, of course is
>mathmatically equal to "1".

Uh, no, I don't think so.  "0.0 e0" is an abbreviation for
0.0 X 10^0 (zero point zero times ten to the power zero),
which is equal to zero.  You might have to put the "e0"
back in for some programs, depending on how smart
they are about parsing this number.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org