Re: grease for rotors.

Mark Johns wrote:

> The reason for using "Lubriplate," a grease marketed through
> marine shops for lubricating outboard motor gearboxes, is
> because it is extremely waterproof, and will not allow
> moisture to either rust or freeze your rotor bearings.  In
> El Paso, it's probably not necessary.

In the desert, lubricants are another problem.  When the wind blows,
small particles of sand mix with the grease/oil, and turn it into a fine
grinding compound.  In the Gulf War, we did not use the usual break-free
teflon lube on our M-16s, and many other problems were lube-related.

>  "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would
>     stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain

I love it.  We own 6 dogs.  1 retired protection lab, 1 old Brittany
Spanial, and 4 Great Danes.  Of the Danes, 1 is retired, 1 is SAR
trained, 1 is a therapy dog, and the pup is currently ranked #4 in her
class in the nation, and has just won 2 ribbons and a trophy in Tucson
this weekend.  If our dogs don't make it to heaven, I'm not sure I want
to be there either.

--
Vy73, Mike. KD9KC  Army MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net - - - kd9kc@amsat.org