Re: Re: Spectrum Scope via Sound card?

At 01:42 PM 11/12/98 -0500, Laura Denise Halliday wrote:
>highly linear mixer to convert the slice of IF to baseband,
>which amounts to the same thing (proof left as an exercise
>to the student... :-).

This is exactly what I do. I use a very stable 10MHz source and a
double balanced mixer to convert the 10MHz IF of a receiver to
baseband. The output of the mixer is then fed into the soundcard
and sampled. The only thing that buys you over using the audio
from an ssb receiver is bandwidth however.

Ron Parise, wa4sir