Sputnik 41

Just listened to Sputnik 41 during Mir orbit# 72712 as it came over Alabama
on my little Yaesu FT50R with a rubber duck antenna. The signal was quite
strong and very easy to understand.

I am so glad that I discovered ham radio a couple of years ago. I would have
never have imagined that I would be able to listen to and communicate with
satellites.... what a blast <grin>!!! My son who is seven years old thinks
it's so cool to watch his dad communicate with Mir via his computer and he
loves to help me watch the computer screen as we wait for a pass. I can't
wait until he's awake tomorrow. School is closed tomorrow for observance of
Veteran's Day and I'm going to make sure that he gets to here the little
bird. I think that this is much more educational than a full day at school,
even if it only lasts for a few minutes.

Now a question or two. For how long will the Mir elements also be accurate
for Sputnik 41 and will there be separate elements published for it for the
few weeks that it's alive and active?

73 Jeff KF4KGQ

    |jeffj@scott.net kf4kgq@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain      |
    |    Satellite: MIR (R0MIR-1)     | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept |
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA      |
    =-=-=-=-=-=- Packet AX.25 KF4KGQ@wd4epr.#bhm.al.usa.noam -=-=-=-=-=-=

Goin' Postal - HP 100/200LX (v2.23) REGISTERED