Hy-Gain Antenna help

Greetings!

     I have a Hy-Gain 216SAT.  One of the feedpoint lugs broke off.  My
question is...the lug was encapsulated in a hard plastic material.  I am
unable to get to the old connection point.  Hy-Gain wants $75 dollars for a
new "Coax Assembly".  What exactly is inside the encapsulated feed point?
Without drilling it there is no way to see what's there.  I could just cut it
off, but then I'm not quite sure how the whole "phasing" or "match" assembly
is wired.  Before I try Hy-Gain technical, is there anyone with experience on
this?  Thanks for any and all help.

73's  Dan-  WA2BTR