Re: Proper proceedure

Bob,

Most Oscar ops I know fix the lower frequency, and move the upper.  Mode JA
would find most fixing transmit and tuning the receive.  Mode B would require
fixing the receive and tuning the transmit frequency.  The logic is that the
lower frequency will have less doppler shift and maintain you in the same
approximate place in the passband.  If we all adopt this convention, it keeps
us from drifting into each other in the passband.

73, Mike in Fort Myers, FL - kf4fdj@amsat.org