Re: XE2YVW DL81 Leonids Skeds

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998 xe2yvw@xe2crh.ampr.org wrote:

> Looking for Leonids Skeds from DL81 Central Mexico.

I know you are looking for SSB voice QSO's, but between QSO's you might
wanna put a packet TNC on an FM receiver pointed towards Texas (025
degrees) tuned to 144.39 and see if you capture any APRS packets.  Most
APRS packets contain a posit report, so DX is easy to compute.

ALso anyone who is trying APRS MScatter specifically will be using high
power on 145.79 that night.  But Most will be beaming at each other in the
USA, and I doubt anyone will be pointing towards you specifically...

bob, WB4APR