Re: P3D test transmissions

I guess I was the only one who recorded anything. It was fun...

For those curious, aurally, the sound was the same as
AO-13/AO-10...it was 400 bps PSK.  This made it easy to find
when the frequencies changed!

As for anything that could be played back, I defer to W4SM, who
has the file I collected. There were issues with the
modem/software combination at my end.  BEcuase I was available
for only a short time, I didn't get much.

I look forward to the next time!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
w3dq@amsat.org

At 09:19 11/3/98 -0500, Stephan Greene wrote:
>On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Pat Kilroy wrote:
>
>> I don't think anyone recorded any of the transmissions, although
>> one local AMSAT member just out of range was hoping that would
>> be done.  I wish I could have done that myself but was wrapped
>> up in other P3D activities.
>
>As far as I know, Eric Rosenberg (W3DQ) was the only one who
actually got
>something set up in time *and* captured telemetry frames.
Screen captures
>of the P3T telem displays were posted (pat - on amsat-dc or on
a web page,
>don't recall).
>
>Telemetry capture was complicated by a few factors:
>
>1) beacon frequencies shifting from thermal drift and different
beacons
>switched on/off during test cycles.  Without a radio capable of auto
>tracking the beacon, unattended telemetry capture was
impossible for any
>extended length of time.  This won't be a problem with an operating
>spacecraft.
>
>2) Short notice and not that many people have 400 bps PSK demod
capability
>(a few months earlier and my equipment would have been buried
during a
>major remodeling job)
>
>I'm certain, however, that the test team captured plenty of
telemetry.
>And we know that the folks working on Rudak ran all (or at
least most) of