Re: Mobile 9600 Baud SOLUTION!

Bob Bruninga wrote:

> I know that no one wants to mess with the software on a *working*
> satellite, but we must make sure that any NEW PACSATS implement the
> LIST-MY and READ-MY capablility or we are shooting ourselves in the
> foot...

What is the reasoning behind the first part of the above statement?

Aren't these satellites experimental in nature and don't they run
"soft" (ie, uploadable) firmware?  I would hope that they have a
fallback mode such that if "broken" firmware were uploaded, they could
be reverted to the previous version by another upload.

Obviously, developer resources are an issue... but assuming you had the
manpower, why couldn't the birds already on orbit be given these additional
features on an experimental or permanent basis?

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist, N0JCF
chrise@n0jcf.com