Re: afsk/psk

I have tried the 9600 baud sound card modem on receiving the digital satellites.

At the time I had a sound card that could only work half-duplex so didn't
progress it very far.

Under windows I ran Thomas Sailer's sound card modem driver and successfully
received packets from the 9600 baud satellites.  The problem is that there is no
interface to this driver from any of the satellite software.

Under Linux,  there is a Kiss interface available that can be interfaced fairly
easily to my Satellite Ground Station Software that I wrote in C (available on
the AMSAT-NA FTP site).

I have on my 'To Do' list a note to look at interfacing my Java code to both the
Linux and Windows sound card drivers.  I do have the information from Thomas
Sailer on how to write a Kiss interface for Windows.

Not the answer you really wanted,  but that is the current state as far as I
know.  I have not heard if Chris Jackson plans on interfacing WiSP to the sound
drivers.

-- John Melton  n6lyt/g0orx