Re: APRS Meteor Scatter Event

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Bill Jones wrote:

> Apparently the expected peak for visually observations is
> early like 3:00AM local time.  If so, this would rule me out...

Not so. :-)
Thats the beauty of packet.  Just set up the night before and go to
sleep.  When you rise for work the next morning, check the MHEARD log in
the TNC and see what you got.    The TNC can be sending your TNC BText
every 10 seconds all night long.

BUT do not transmit unless you are running at least 50 watts or more
and/or are using a BEAM.  Without the extra power or beam, your signals
will probably NOT be heard via MScatter, so all you are doing is
adding QRM to someone else in your area who may be listening.

But if you have the power and/or the beam, blast away...
bob