Re: Mobile 9600 Baud Station

Hi Bob,

I have built a pair of turstiles, one for 2meters and one for 70cm. Both
are inverted V style with their elements pointed 45 degrees towards the
ground. This allows for much better coverage at the horizon ( and beyond on
RS12 & 15). Since the elements are bent towards the ground, and connected
via insulated pieces, high wind speed survivability exists. This can be
rather important when traveling at 70 mph through Arizona...:-)

The 2 meter antenna is great, and I can dominate any of the easy analog
satellites uplink if I choose to.

The 70cm is another story. It has problems at 10 degrees with 7-5 degrees
becoming impossible. Lindenblads would require switching between polarities
during the pass, not to cool while driving. Perhaps an eggbeater. I have
not built one, but will and will let you know.

Perhaps we/I could gate the mail list to you via the pacsats. I still have
to figure pacsats out myself. I have worked the Fugi's, A027 & RS12 & 15
with success.

Warmest Regards

Christopher Cox
KC8FRJ