Re: Mobile 9600 Baud Station

Bob,

Have you considered loop antennas.  The M2 SQLOOP or any of the other loop
antennas that are advertised in the ham magazines?

I have been using the SQLOOP for a couple of years on my boat and have
found it to be good.  It does require a pre-amp mounted close to the
antenna, but it is very quiet compared to any vertical I have tried.

BTW, it is also possible to receive mail from the list without an ISP.
Several of the WINLINK stations on HF allow you to receive email using
Pactor (Pactor-2 is even better).  However, you should ask the owner for
permission before subscribing to any lists.

73 de VE7MDL               ....Erik.