Huge fireball over south Texas

Did anyone else (in Texas) see the HUGE fireball last night?
It was around 21:15 local time.  I am near San Antonio and it
was to the southeast.  I don't think it was a meteor, it
looked more like something coming down from orbit.  It was
bright green (enough to cast a shadow) with a red trail several
degrees long.  It was brightest at about 25 degrees above the
horizon and then it disappeared.  It left what looked like a smoke
trail (dark green) that was probably ionized oxygen.  I was outside
walking my baby daughter to sleep.  The shadow it cast caught my
attention.  The moon was blocked by a tree so the shadow was easily
visible.  I know there is a very large meteor shower coming up in
a couple of weeks.  If this was from that shower, so early, maybe
we'll have a good show!

73/

Kevin, WB5RUE
wb5rue@stic.net