Re: PANSAT Deployed!

>At approximatelly 1347 EST PANSAT was successfully deployed.  The location
>of the shuttle at the time of deployment was the NW corner of Australia.
>Now PANSAT will power up and listen for commands to come to life.
>
>The command station is located at the Naval Postgraduate School in
>Monterey, CA.
>
>  http://www.nps.navy.mil
>
>Information on PANSAT is located at
>
>  http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil
>

> - Steve
> (n7hpr@tapr.org)

Is there a rundown posted anywhere of what equipment is needed to connect
to PANSAT?

I found that it is ax.25 via spread spectrum on 70 cm from the site
listed above, but where does a person get the SS modem?  Any radio
modifications?  The site mentioned a planned "amateur kit" of software and
hardware, but I believe that paper was from 1992.  I've checked the AMSAT
and TAPR sites but they just reference the Navy website.

Just how many ground stations are setup for PANSAT?  The Navy students
may be sending messages to themselves for a while.

-Mike McCarty, KB8YHV
 Yigo, Guam, Mariana Islands