Re: thanks to all

Douglas Cole writes:

snip  (more people should snip)

> And my next question is that if a person doesn't have an
> elevation rotor what type of satellite can I expect to
> communicate through and should I set the antennas at some
> particular elevation above the horizontal ? I do have an azimuth
> rotor and plan to put up a 2m,70cm and 2.4ghz antennas..........

I recommend 15 deg fixed elevation (assuming about 6 elements) because
a) less rf warming the parking lot
b) covering more sky but still hits the horizon
c) good for vhf tropo-scatter
d) enough rf off the side for higher angles (LEO)

These are all good for LEO satellites; also install a 2-ele pointing
straight upwards to fill in (no need to rotate this)

but you won't be using the 2.4 GHz antenna much.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188