Re: SETI as Rover

Aloha -

alas, the ARRL, in their narrow, terrestrial view of things, thinks that
Aeronautical and Space mobile doesn't count for VHF/UHF contests....

Totally unfair, after all, EME counts!!! And someone in an airplane,
spacecraft or ET could easily have their grid locator calculated...(just
expand the grid to include the space above the surface :-) )

the real problem is getting the exchange .... Yould have to figure out how
far away ET is, send your Signal so that they receive it on a contest day,
and then they respond so you get it on a contest day  etc.....

Ahhh, maybe we can get the ETRL to declare every day a VHF/UHF contest day
on their planet!!!!

>Well if we can get them on during the VHF/UHF contests , then maybe
>we'll get back to the activity levels of a few years ago... BUT where
>would they fit in the ROVER category???? 73 de Jordan...

73 and aloha - ted - nh6yk, BL11aj, your 5 and 9