Re: PANSAT Interest?

Try the Petite Amateur Navy Satellite (PANSAT) web site at the
Naval Postgraduate School <http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/>.
While there, see <http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/panops.html>
about operations and <http://www.sp.nps.navy.mil/pansat/panfaq.html>
for the PANSAT FAQ.

PANSAT is flying on our IEH-3 bridge on today's STS-95 mission.
You can also check our web site at <http://sspp/hh/ieh3/index.html>
for some general information.

Of course don't miss <http://amsat.org/amsat/sats/n7hpr/future.html>
and <http://amsat.org/amsat/news.html> at the AMSAT web site.

Sincerely,

Pat WD8LAQ

At 10:08 AM 10/29/98 +0000, John Melton - Sun UK - ENS wrote:

>There is some interest in this satellite.  The problem is that there has not
>been enough information published to allow anyone to build a system to
work >the satellite.

>-- John Melton  n6lyt/g0orx
>
>> To: "'amsat-bb@amsat.org'" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>> Subject: [amsat-bb] PANSAT Interest?
>>
>> I have read some about the PANSAT satellite aboard this shuttle mission.
>>  It is a SS pacsat device in the 70cm band.  I am surprised this has not
>> caused any interest with this group.  Has anyone looked into this and who
>> is going to use it.  They say it is open to HAMS....
>>
>> KD6RLV

Patrick L. Kilroy                                          (ex-743)
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer      Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568     E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov