Re: 2.4 GHz portable phones?

Hi Alan

These devices operate in the Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM)
bands using spread spectrum.  925 MHz (+/- 4 MHz) and 2.40-2.45 GHz are
the specific frequencies, I believe.  Typically, these applications are
designed for extremely low power, and as stated earlier are spread
spectrum, so we can be pretty hopeful that they will not cause us any
woe.  On the other hand, they probably won't make very good signal
sources either.  We have some equipment in my factory that scans bar
codes on the plant floor, but the signals are so weak we need a base
station every 200 feet or so (2.4 GHz units).  Our European friends have
to contend with an ISM band for similar devices at 433.050-434.790 MHz
(10 mW ERP).

-Joe KM1P