Re: 9600 Pacsat Polarization

At 09:30 AM 10/27/98 -0500, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>I was wrong.  This morning's passes of UO-22 and KO-23 were both almost
>perfectly horizontal.  Thus I retract my conclusions about vertical
>polarity I made yesterday.  I will continue to perform these experiments
>and see if a pattern emerges.

Hi Bob,

No "bumb dope", really.  You confirmed that the signals are
linearly polarized as seen from your station and pretty stable
in a given plane over several passes observed.

That tells me that when I don't have access to a CP antenna
that with a little ingenuity I can make good use of a
standard yagi or other linear array.  I wondered if when
using a linear ANT if I would have to "fight" the orientation
often during the pass.  Looks like orientation changes slowly
enough to give it a try without such fear.

Thank you,

Pat WD8LAQ
Maryland-DC