adjusting cross yagi

Hi everyone,

            I would like to ask how to adjust a cross yagi beam. I'm
currently building a cross yagi for mode JD downlink. I was wondering
how to adjust the two drivern elements.
                 Do I have to install the vertical and horizontal
elements and adjust each set  and then combine the two? I think
intereaction of the vertical and horizontal elements will cause a high
vswr. any comments and suggestion or tips to those who have built a
homebrew. I'll appreciate it very much.
                thank's in advance.

dic/du9xa