RE: RHCP or LHCP or Linear

Dave,
     I'm not a builder or consultant, however I see a flaw in
your analogy of the bolt. If you view a turnstile antenna as
used on FO-20 and FO-29 as crossed dipoles you have 4 antenna
elements. If you ignore how they actually work and assume each
element is energized individually in sequence to generate a RHCP
signal as viewed from below. Then, when viewed from above you
would see a mirror image or LHCP and not a continuation of the
bolt threads. I hope this helps you visualize what is happening.
You need to hold the bolt up to a mirror to see how it works.

73
Duane Naugle
ko6bt@amsat.org