P3D in Chamber (3)

Friday, October 23, 1998

P3D in Chamber

Lou McFadin, W5DID, reports that the Phase 3D satellite is now
in the thermal-vac chamber, a little later than planned but not
unexpected.  As of 1800 UTC today, the chamber was cooling down
on the start of Cycle 1.

Several volunteers offered to monitor the satellite telemetry at
the chamber and, if any problems arise, telephone the P3D team
member on call.  The following individuals have confirmed their
willingness and ability to help in "satellite sitting", including
during the wee hours of the night and morning.

David Bern    N3AER
James French  KD4DLA
Art   Feller  W4ART
Steve Greene  KA1LM
Gary  Hendrickson W3DTN *
Steve Jackson WD8QCN
Pat   Kilroy  WD8LAQ
Perry Klein   W3PK
Bill  Onuska  NI3E *
Ken   Perko   WA3WHE
Eric  Rosenberg W3DQ
Dan   Schultz N8FGV
Rob   Whiteley W3ROB
Pete  Young   K3IN *

Arrangements are being made now to schedule no more than two
volunteers at a time to cover the 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. periods for
tonight, tomorrow and Monday.

Watch for further developments on the amsat-dc mail list.  To
subscribe, go to <http://www.amsat.org/amsat/listserv/menu.html>
and select Mailing List services and then follow the
instructions for the AMSAT-DC - District of Columbia area
AMSAT mailing list.

The P3D Lab "On the Road in Maryland" web site is found at
<http://www.magicnet.net/~phase3d/>.  Check it daily!

Sincerely,

Pat Kilroy, WD8LAQ
NASA-ARRL-AMSAT-TAPR-GARC

Patrick L. Kilroy                                          (ex-743)
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer      Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568     E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov