ITU PacSat Station UP!

Finally!

Thanks to all with your suggestions and encouragement. While I've
yet to properly adjust the deviation on the uplink, the W98ITU
station uplink began to work today around 1735 UTC
on KO-25 and then on a subsequent pass of KO-23.

The entire problem revolved around very obscure settings being
required for the IC-821H that are quite counterintuitive given
the documentation. John Melton, N6LYT/G0ORX, who had almost returned
his IC-821H before Doug (N1OWU) set him straight, came through
with the winning solution.

Messages of greetings to ALL are up on KO-23 and KO-25 from W98ITU
and should be up on UO-22 by tomorrow. Please send us a reply via
any of these sats with your mailing address (we'll be sending QSL
cards).

Again, thanks, and
                 Best 73's

Paul Beckmann, wa0rse@amsat.org