Kenwood HT for 9600 baud?

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Benedict Tan Lim wrote:

>                The handheld HT you've mentioned, Is this rig available
> now on Market? Is the handheld you've mentioned have a built in 9600
> packet decoder? Is this handheld capable in a store and forward
> operation?

It will be available in the USA and Europe.  In the USA, I have heard
December.  Yes it has a built in 9600 baud TNC, but it needs a laptop or
other device to process or "use" and display the packets.  The internal
TNC is connected to a sub-mini stereo serial port on the side.

For 1200 baud, however, in APRS mode, it has its own built in displays and
send/receive capability without the need for an external laptop...

The advertisement for this radio is on this months QST and also on the
KenwoodUSA web page..

de WB4APR, bob