Re: Is hardwire RHCP OK?

At 10:54 AM 10/18/1998 GMT, Richard W L Limebear wrote:
>allen writes:
>> Is there a
>> need to ever switch to left hand cp?  If I encounter trouble with cp
>> switching could I just wire it in RHCP and I if  so what would I miss?
>
>I have masthead switching between RHCP and LHCP; the default with power off
>is RHCP (ftp.amsat.org/amsat/misc/ant_swit.gif for details).
>
>I hardly ever use LHCP but its there if I want it. You wouldn't miss much.

Some have noticed in SAREX contacts that to switch to LHCP will
contribute up to another one or two S-units near LOS.  Might add
a minute of QSO if also compensating for Doppler.

- Pat WD8LAQ

Patrick L. Kilroy                                             ex-743
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer        Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568           E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771          Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov