Re: Is hardwire RHCP OK?

allen writes:
> Is there a
> need to ever switch to left hand cp?  If I encounter trouble with cp
> switching could I just wire it in RHCP and I if  so what would I miss?

I have masthead switching between RHCP and LHCP; the default with power off
is RHCP (ftp.amsat.org/amsat/misc/ant_swit.gif for details).

I hardly ever use LHCP but its there if I want it. You wouldn't miss much.
I'm usually only on the digital birds and occasionally I find that signals
close to southern horizon (up to about 20 deg) are better with LHCP. LO-19
seasonally is better with LHCP too.

But I found I used it more with the analog birds: Fuji usually is better
with a switch about half-way thru the pass and AO-13 (RIP) was also often
better on LHCP when within 20 deg or so of horizon.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188