NO MORE ART BELL?

Hi All.

Lets put this one to rest really quickly.

I do not think we should cut Art any slack.  As many of you know, I work in
what we broadcasters call "the biz."  And almost everyone I talk to is
convinced that this is nothing more than some sort of a publicity stunt.

I personally believe he will make a return on All Hallows Eve -- Haloween Eve
-- the 60th annniversary of the greatest hoax ever in broadcast radio:  Orson
Wells 1938 Mercury Theatre of the Air adaptation of H.G. Wells "The War of the
Worlds."

Remember folks -- show biz has always been as it is today -- nothing but smoke
and mirrors.

Now lets get back to real science and technology.  There are other boards and
remailers for the occult, alien abductions, cattle mutilation, crop circles,
space aliens and other such nonsense.

de
Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF

<< I don't think we should cut Art Bell too much slack ... even though we hold
 the HAM fraternity closer than a bunch of Shriners at a topless bar. Art Bell
 had every whacked out nut in America on his program, and he never was the
 least bit skeptical about their outlandish claims. Claims that one of which,
 my eight year old grandson heard, and said, " That's the dumbest thing in the
 world."

 Did all the garbage that he had on his program any real har? I submit that it
 did, by reinforcing in those who listened, the lowest of low reasoning
 criteria he has helped in the dumbing of America.