Re: IC-821H Level Converter

Ken,

>...  Does anyone know what kind of
>magic is inside the Icom CT-17 level converter?  Is there a less expensive
>method of getting the rig to talk to a computer?

	I made my interface using a MAX232, a CD4070 and a mosfet transistor.
Works fine at 9600baud both ways: rig to PC and PC to rig.
	I believe FODTrack circuit for controlling Icom rigs only sends data from
PC to rig and not viceversa. An advantage is that it needs no external
power supply.
	If you are interested on the circuit I can send it by E-mail.

	73 de Fernando, CX6DD.