Symposium Directions from JAN

Greetings:

For those folks flying into Jackson International Airport (JAN) for the
AMSAT Symposium and renting a car, here are directions to the Battlefield
Inn:

A. Exit out of JAN headed south (there is only road in and out of the
airport).

B. Stay on this road for about 1 mile until you come to Interstate 20. (On
your way to I-20, you will pass thru the only European traffic circle in
Mississippi or for that matter the South…good luck!)

C. Exit to the right before the I-20 overpass headed West towards Jackson
and Vicksburg.

D. Stay on I-20 West for about 45 miles. You will pass to the south of
Jackson and also thru Clinton, MS which is the new home to MCI/Worldcom
headquarters. Check out their new building on the south of I-20.

E. Exit off I-20 on Clay Street, Exit 4B. When exiting you will see the
Battlefield Inn, Super 8 Motel and Hampton Inn.

F. Travel only about 1/8 mile on Clay Street and turn right to road leading
to Battlefield Inn.  A Waffle House is after the turn.

Also, don’t forget to drop by the AMSAT Welcome Booth in the main JAN lobby
and say hello to the folks!

For folks driving into Vicksburg from other parts, the Battlefield Inn,
et.al. is accessible from I-20 West and East via Exit 4B, Clay Street.  Also
2M repeater talk-in frequency is +147.270 (100 Hz).

The 90 degree summer heat officially ended last Tuesday when a cold front
passed thru dropping two inches of much needed rain. Today there were clear
dry skies with temperatures reaching 71 degrees. Last night it got down to
48 degrees so you may want to bring a light jacket.  More of the same
weather is predicted. Now is the time to pick cotton!

73 and see yawl in Vicksburg,

K5NRK