Re: Thanks

Please do NOT do station-to-station connections.  It is very
innefficient.  Just send UI frames instead to the other station.  It is
much better for everyone, and you still get to QSO with your buddy...

I monitored MIR yesterday and there were FOUR (4) pairs of stations all
trying to cnnect to each other.  NO one got any message text through!
Please just send a UI packet with  your message in it.  It is far more
effecient!  Everyone will get it.

If you try to CONNECT, it takes 5 packets just to send ONE!.
Better to just send your TEXT line by itself..

 On Thu, 8 Oct 1998,
john m fisher wrote:

>   To N2DP, Gerard. Many thanks for my first MIR station to station packet
> onnection last evening 10/7. Hope to connect with you again. Looks like
> 145.985 simplex get a little busy.It was great. I have mailed you a QSL,
> please
> QSL.   Hpe C U L 73 JOHN K2JF....Pitman, NJ   SE of Phila.

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html