Re: Antenna Advice pse.

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, John Heath wrote:

> One of the regulars on the Amsat 2m net,  Roy G8GMT, asked  for advice
> on log periodic antennas for analogue satellite working AO27,FO20,FO29
> He is considering a linear polarised  log periodic that covers 2m and 70cms
> in one antenna.

I'm aware of a local ham who used the commercial CREATE log periodic on
AO-10 and 13 a few years ago.  He mounted it "tilted back" to work
horizon-moderate elevation passes.  I do not recall if he split the
feedline at the antenna for 2M and 70cm preamps or ran one low-loss
feedline to the shack.  While the antenna was a compromise versus a full
az-el circular polarization array for 2M and 70cm, it worked well enough
for him and gave him a good terrestrial VHF/UHF capability as well.

73 Steve  KA1LM@amsat.org