Re: HELP with yaesu #500 rotater

I do not have a 500, I have the 5400.  I assume that the elevation sections
are alike?!?
There really isn't much to it.  First check the control box.  Use an AC dvm
to check for up drive at E5, with E6 as the common.  Check for down drive at
E4, using E6 as common.  You must push the buttons on the box while testing
of course.  Voltage here will prove the control box good, or bad.  Check the
same way at the rotor.  If the voltage is there, it proves the cable.  I
would then suspect a stuck limit switch..  Could also be C-35, or a bad
motor.  I am assuming that you already checked for loose wiring at both
ends.  I can scan and attach the schematic for the 5400 if you like.  Good
luck.  Please advise your progress.

--
Vy73, Mike. KD9KC  Army MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net - - - kd9kc@amsat.org