HIGH SWR ON M^2 2MCP22 YAGI

Greetings:

I have an M^2 yagi--2MCP22 and am reading an SWR of 4:1 on it.  I am measuring it with an MFJ-259B. I do get a slight dip at its (supposed) resonant frequency, but only slight.  I have triple checked construction, replaced and tested with new feedine (9913 with N connector, of course), but SWR remains high.  M^2 states VSWR will be 1.4 max.  I have the beam elements rotated to 45 degrees (elements to earth plane), but that was suggested in construction literature.

Has anyone else experienced difficulty with this antenna?  Could the MFJ259B be inaccurate at that frequency (its specs indicate it will read these frequencies)?  I'm not sure which way to go with it now.

Thank you in advance for any assistance/suggestions.

Reid
W0FVR

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home