Re: FT-847

Recently, Rremmel@aol.com at email address Rremmel@aol.com sent the
following:

>Now, is there any concensus on the best space optimized antenna for sat ops?

Take a look at the M Squared Eggbeater antennas.  They are small,
provide right hand circular polorization upward and horizontal
polorization at the horizon.  I recommend getting the ground plane
option.  I also recommend getting a good "pair" of pre-amps mounted
near the antenna.  I use the SSB models from SSB Electronics.  (See
the rear portions of QST for their ad - they also carry M Squared
and are very good to work with).  The Eggbeaters come in both 2 meter
and 70cm versions.  I use them both and have a wonderful time working
FO-20/FO-29/AO-27.  Do not expect to be able to use these antennas
for birds like AO-10 which are in bigger orbits.  Those birds require
additional gain.

good luck

73 de K9UUT