Re: Yaesu FT-847

Recently, Rremmel@aol.com at email address Rremmel@aol.com sent the
following:

>I recently purchased a FT-847 and now am hearing that there may be a
>manufacturing defect in some of the earlier models.

>Does anyone know what the defect is?

The issue involves a change to the cpu in the radio which will allow
a computer that is attached to it via a serial port to not only control
it but to "read" what the radio is doing.  So if you turn the frequency
dial, the computer program would be able to sense that.  There are other
minor changes as well but I forget what they are.

>Which models are effected?
All FT-847's before serial number 8G05XXXX have not been upgraded.

>How best to contact Yaesu?

You can contact Yaesu Tech Support at:

yaesutech@worldnet.att.net

73 de K9UUT

    /  /  /  /  /      * Rees Roberts           * reesr@wi.net
   /--/--/--/--/       * 5041 Indian Hills Dr   * w9udu@wi.net
  /  /  /| /  /  K9UUT * Racine, WI 53406       * Tel: 414-633-6262