Re: Which Dual Band FM Rigs for AO-27

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Vince Risalvato wrote:

> Could someone post a link or some info on which dual band mobile rigs
> (if any) are best suited to AO-27 FM type operation.

Anyone contemplating a dual band radio should consider the new Dual Band
HT coming out soon that includes all of the following features:

  5 watt Dual band
  Built in TNC (1200 and 9600)
  Built in APRS displays
  Built in APRS two-way messaging (like a 2 way pager)
  Built in GPS Interface for automatic tracking with your GPS
  Built in DX cluster monitor
  Etc

I am not at liberty to disclose the manufacturer since this is prior to
the official release date, but I would not go out and buy any dual band
radio for about 3 weeks... until you see this.  Watch your November issue
of QST...

I have seen it do a 9600 Baud PACSAT downlink with a handheld 3 el beam!

No questions please..  Ill pass along any new info I find...

de WB4APR