Re: Re: ANS 270 CSA TO BUILD SPACE TELESCOPE

Pat Kilroy <pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hey Laura Halliday VE7LDH, can you tell us anything more????
>
> Thanks and good luck!  :-)

Yes. I'm guilty. I'm part of the conspiracy.

My involvement is through the University of Toronto's
Institute for Aerospace Studies, where I am now working
on my M.A.Sc., concentrating on how one communicates with
microsatellites as they pass over one's head.

It's so early in the project that there is only so much
one can say, but if you want to read more, visit Dynacon's
web page (http://www.dynacon.ca) and follow the links
under "Space Projects". The science stuff is *cool*.

How about this for an assignment: "take this pile of
equipment (FT-736R, 2m and 70cm crossed yagis, antenna
rotator, computer, etc.) put it together and talk to
satellites".

There's obviously lots more, but you may have to wait
until my thesis comes out in paperback... :-)

All the usual disclaimers, etc. - which may actually
be an issue now that I'm a Real Space Dweeb (tm).

Laura Halliday VE7LDH/3   "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: FN03gs                     pied a terre..."
                                   - Hospital/Shafte