Re: Ground plane & AO-27

In a message dated 9/29/98 9:57:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jeffj@scott.net
writes:

> will a ground plane mag mount type antenna be of any use at all
>  in working the satellite or will I just end up frustrated due to the fact
>  the I won't be able to achieve the proper polarization?

>From my experience I predict that you will most frequently experience the
latter result. Depending on how much power you run, you might overcome the
improper polarization on the uplink, but receiving is hopeless except for the
brief period during the pass when your antenna happens to be correctly
polarized.  That won't last more than a minute or two.

Jimmy Walker
WA4ILO
Macon, GA