Re: Mir Digipeating

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Richard Parry wrote:

> I am a newbie, in fact I never had a sat. contact in my life, but I read a
> lot and I thought that using MIR as a digipeater was a no no?  Am I wrong.

I by no means am a expert in the matter. I do know that on any given pass
during the last couple of months there have been many amateurs that have
been using Mir as a digi, myself included. These digi's have mainly been
unproto messages that didn't seem to put too much of a strain on the
system, as you could clearly see station connecting to R0MIR-1 while
others were passing unproto messages through R0MIR. I would welcome any
comments (not flames). As I said in my earlier message, I have both
received and sent many QSL's to/from amateurs from Cuba to Canada from
contacts made by using Mir as a digi.

73 Jeff

    |jeffj@scott.net kf4kgq@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain      |
    |    Satellite: MIR (R0MIR-1)     | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept |
    | HP200LX+BayPac=Portable Packet  |     QTH Birmingham, AL USA      |
    =-=-=-=-=-=- Packet AX.25 KF4KGQ@wd4epr.#bhm.al.usa.noam -=-=-=-=-=-=