Re: RS-13 Switched on ??

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:38:35 -0400 John Heath
<100675.3601@compuserve.com> writes:
>The Amsat-UK 2 meter net received a report from Robert G8ATE  that
>suggested the RS13 transponder had been activated.
(Much snipped)

Today September 25th at 16:30Z I heard the RS13 beacon
on 29.505, also the robot on 29.458. The robot responded
to me with "RPT" every time I called on 21.140.

I heard some undistinguishable SSB on the downlink
passband.  Tried Mode A with negative results, tried
Mode K with no results.  I can't duplex on mode K, so
if I was making it, nobody answered my many SSB and
CW  CQ's.

If this bird works like RS10/11 it seems like the
frequencies should be something like:

Mode A uplink 145.960 to 146.000
Mode A downlink 29.460 to 29.500

Mode K uplink 21.260 to 21.300
Mode K downlink 29.460 to 29.500

Mode T uplink 21.260 to 21.300
Mode T downlink 145.960 to 146.000

Does any of this sound familiar?  I found this in a
message I received in 1986 from the AMSAT BBS.

Thanks to K6EHA who gave me the word that the beacon
was on.

One other thing that's strange, it seems that when
RS10/11 was working, they either had RS10 or RS11 on,
but not both at the same time. This time it appears that
RS12 and RS13 are both on.

73,John, K6YK

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]